Posted on 2/09/2015 by Conor Chadwick
The toughest job interview questions of the year for both the UK and America have been revealed.
People always prepare for interviews, often by researching the company and preparing answers to typical interview questions. Recruiting companies are now also trying to give their clients the low-down on the latest interview topics to wow prospective employers with.
Glassdoor, the anonymous review site, has created a list of the toughest interview questions in the UK and US.
Questions not included on the list were from candidates asked which superhero they would be or their opinion on The Blair Witch Project.
Wiggins added: “The message for candidates is to be prepared for anything and try to practice these sorts of questions, but not to worry too much. No one is going to know the answer to these things.”
The ten toughest interview questions in the UK in 2015
1. “Can you calculate how many tennis balls are used during the course of Wimbledon?” – Accenture
2. “Estimate the total number of cars in the UK.” – Barclays Investment
3. “How many calories are in a grocery store?” – Google
4. “How would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?” – Harrods
5. “What would you take to a lonely island with you and why?”– Urban Outfitters
6. “Is Batman a super hero?” – AlphaSights
7. “You have 17 red and 17 blue balls, and you remove 2 at a time. If the two are the same colour, add in one extra blue ball. They are different colours, add in an extra red ball. What colour is the final ball removed?”– Geonomics
8. “What cartoon character would you be and why?” – ASDA
9. “What is the wildest thing you have done?” – Metro Bank
10. “What was your opinion of the film Blair Witch Project?” – Jefferies & Company
The ten toughest interview questions in the US in 2015
1. “What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?” – Airbnb
2. “What's your favorite '90s jam?” – Squarespace
3. “If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?” – Dropbox
4. “Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman?” – Stanford University
5. “If you had a machine that produced $100 for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?” – Aksia
6. “What did you have for breakfast?” – Banana Republic
7. “Describe the color yellow to somebody who's blind.” – Spirit Airlines.
8. “If you were asked to unload a 747 full of jelly beans, what would you do?”– Bose
9. “How many people flew out of Chicago last year?” – Redbox
10. “Who's your favorite Disney Princess?” – Cold Stone Creamery
You can read the whole article here