This national chartered firm of accountants are in search for an Accounts Assistant based in High Wycombe. The firm offers genuine work life balance, hybrid working from home along with a full benefits package.
Due to continued client growth, this reputable and award-winning professional services firm seek an Accounts Assistant to support owner managed businesses, including sole traders and limited companies. Reporting into the Manager, this opportunity is crucial in ensuring the preparation and submission of financial accounts and VAT returns is completed in accordance with deadlines.
The Accounts Assistant would be the ideal opportunity for someone that is technically strong with preparation of financial statements, VAT and compliance requirements, that possesses strong attention to detail along with the ability to prioritise tasks and submit to deadlines.
We are keen to hear from candidates that are either AAT qualified/finalists or candidates that are qualified by experience with an accountancy practice background that seek legitimate work life balance within a supportive and cooperative working culture.
- Preparation of management and statutory financial accounts for a varied range of high calibre clients
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintenance of client accounting records
- Preparation and submission of other statutory returns and filings
- Assisting managers with looking after a large portfolio of accounts clients including coaching/supervising junior staff as required
What we are looking for:
- Preferably qualified or finalist AAT accountant, candidates deemed qualified by experience with current/recent accountancy practice experience will also be considered
- Technically strong with knowledge and application of VAT, constantly up to date with adaptations in compliance standards
- Strong attention to detail, organised with ability to prioritise tasks and communicate across all business levels
- IT skills including Excel and any accounting software
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £33,000, dependent upon experience
- Flexible hybrid working including working from home
- 35 hours per week with flexible start/finish time allowing for genuine work life balance
- Paid overtime over 35 hours / week
- Company bonus profit-sharing scheme
- Health care cash plans, insurance cover and health assessments
- Additional benefits include pension, client referral scheme, Cyclescheme and Gymflex
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231059