A long-established business in Coventry is seeking an Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper. This is an all round accounting opportunity offering full benefits including free parking and an early Friday finish!!
The Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper is essential in covering all aspects of the day-to-day transactional accounting requirements of the business, including purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank reconciliations. Working within a small finance team you will report directly to the Finance Director.
- Maintain the status of the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
- Daily analysis of bank statements and updating cashbooks
- Reconciling cash receipts and payments
- Analysing and posting of supplier invoices, including foreign currency
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Credit control, contacting customers and liaising with colleagues
- Setting up new customers and processing supplier payments
- Matching supplier invoices to Goods Receipt Notes and purchase orders
- Working collaboratively and alongside fellow colleagues.
- All round accounts (sales and purchase ledger) or bookkeeping experience gained from within a finance function
- Previous experience working as an Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
- Strong IT skills, any previous experience of Sage is beneficial but not essential
- Organised, diligent and proactive approach, a strong 'can do' attitude is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills at all business levels.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary up to £28,000 dependent upon experience
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closedown (most years)
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- 37.5 hours per week over 4 ½ days with 12:30pm finish on Fridays!
Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231058 - Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper