This national plc retailer, with it's head office based in Leicester, is now looking for an Assistant Accountant to work closely with the Management Accountant to manage revenue reporting and business critical financial information on a weekly and monthly basis.
Experience of financial reporting and use of reporting tools is an advantage. You will possess commercial insight to improve current processes and have an inquisitive mind.
- To effectively undertake and maintain daily sales reporting
- Preparation and delivery of a weekly sales performance pack for management trading meeting which will require meeting a tight deadline
- Preparing reports weekly and monthly for both field and Head Office staff
- Assisting the Management Accountant with month end processes and providing accruals, prepayments and reconciliations.
- Variance analysis for departmental accounts
- Utility management including approving invoices, liaising with external suppliers, monthly forecasting and accruals, annual budgeting
- Assisting in year end processes and reporting
- Regular ad hoc duties
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently when required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA) or AAT finalist
- Previous experience in a finance environment
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Good benefits
- A working environment with a strong work / life balance
- Relaxed culture
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17518