Leading and award winning professional services organisation seek Assistant Financial Accountant to join their Central Finance team in Milton Keynes. Flexible / Hybrid working from home on offer.
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller, as Assistant Financial Accountant you will provide financial and management information for the LLP business and Group companies. The role will be interesting and sometimes complex as you will be joining a business that is growing both organically and by acquisition.
The successful candidate must be competent in all aspects of core financial accounting with previous relevant practical experience in a similar role. The Assistant Financial Accountant will work closely with other members of the central finance team in the provision of a quality accounting and reporting service to both internal and external stakeholders. Excellent communication skills at all business levels are a prerequisite especially as you will be communicating with Partners within the business.
- Reporting of daily bank balances to the Board members
- Month end close and reporting including posting of all journals and account reconciliations for the group companies
- Quarterly VAT returns for the group companies
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Preparation of overall management accounts
- Processing of payment requests
- Bank mandates
- Raising of credit notes
- Collation of monthly WIP and debtor provisions
- Regular liaison with other department team members
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Companies House forms and filings for group companies
- Preparation and distribution of monthly reports to staff partners and HR manager
- Production of ONS statistics for group companies
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent (eg ACCA part qualified) including qualified by experience
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role to include VAT knowledge, bank reconciliations and financial accounting knowledge
- Previous Group Accounting experience is also advantageous but by no means essential
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word etc. Any ERP systems experience is beneficial but not essential - SAP, Oracle etc
- Positive and proactive attitude, able to identify efficiencies and improvements
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group up to and including Partner level
- Any previous experience working in a professional services environment with partnership / LLP sector experience is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Flexible / Hybrid working from home
- Study support, if required
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a flexible benefits package tailored to you (eg car lease discounts)
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Personal career development plan.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22917 - Assistant Financial Accountant