This firm has an exciting opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Senior. Reporting to the Senior Manager or Manager, you will be responsible for the production of accounts and completing audits for a portfolio of clients. The role is based in their accounting team in Coventry. The team provides a full range of accounting and management information services to a portfolio of companies.
The department uses a range of cutting edge technology to provide these services efficiently and in a timely manner to their clients.
- Plan the production of accounts ensuring junior staff are utilised efficiently
- Oversee the completion of audit and accounts jobs ensuring junior staff are assisted and supported where the need arises
- Review completed jobs as requested by the manager and review the work completed by team members
- Liaise with Directors on completed jobs as requested by a manager
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each job
- Continually monitor the progress of work by junior staff and adapt the original plan as required.
- Take responsibility for answering questions and queries on behalf of managers
- Attend marketing/networking events and business developments activities as requested by the Directors.
- Ensure all junior staff in the team receive the required level of on-the-job training for them to carry out the tasks being asked of them
What we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant by official qualification or experience
- Self motivated, efficient and hard working
- Attention to detail
- Able to keep up-to-date with audit and accounting legislation and attend courses
- Knowledge of accounting and audit rules
- Experience using IRIS
- Able to interact positively with staff at all levels
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- 37 hours per week
- Flexi-time available
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus the option to 'purchase' a further 10 days' annual leave.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17530