We are supporting a genuinely unique firm of accountants in their search for a bookkeeper based in Bromsgrove. Flexible working, study support along with progression opportunities as well as company pension scheme all on offer.
The client portfolio provides superb opportunities to deliver niche, specialist advice to many high-profile clients in the international entertainment and media industry. Due to continued growth, they seek a bookkeeper to work closely with clients in the delivery of statutory accounts, corporation tax and VAT returns.
Reporting to the Manager, this opportunity would be ideal for a candidate that has the ability to prioritise workload, develop and build relationships with clients and a willingness to learn and keep up to date with technical requirements.
We are keen to hear from candidates either AAT qualified or studying towards, who have previously gained bookkeeping experience either in practice or industry. A clear pathway of progression is on offer in what is seen as a long-term opportunity.
- Supporting the management of a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring their bookkeeping, management reporting and any ad-hoc tasks are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis
- Preparation of statutory and non- statutory accounts, corporation tax and VAT returns
- Supporting with payment processing, cashflows, forecasts and budget control
- Working with the client managers directly to understand the client's requirements and identifying areas where more detailed advice may be required
- Liaising with clients to verify details and processing payments, initially entering data onto internal systems and eventually onto the client's online banking platform
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or studier of AAT, candidates deemed qualified by experience with managing client bookkeeping will also be considered
- Robust attention to detail with ability to prioritise assignments
- Solid written and verbal communication in a client facing environment
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £22,000, dependent upon experience
- Flexible hybrid working including working from home
- Supportive working environment, study support & progression opportunities
- Free car parking, fantastic office location based in Bromsgrove
- Health plan scheme, company pension & benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231030 - Bookkeeper