UK Chief Financial Officer opportunity in Coventry. Will suit an experienced CFO / Finance Director / Head of Finance or a senior finance professional seeking and ready for that next step up in your career to this level.
Our client is an innovation-focused global manufacturer that is currently driving a variety of change and transformation projects. With an impressive and ever-increasing order book, this is an exciting time to join the business as the business is positioned for growth with updated products and a footprint in developing and developed markets.
The Finance and IT team in Coventry is critical to the commercial success of the business. Reporting directly to the Group CFO and acting as a partner to the General Manager, as UK CFO, you will provide leadership and coordinate, analyse and translate accurate business and financial data into meaningful, actionable business strategies.
In addition to supporting the commercial success of the business the CFO must ensure all processes meet the highest standards in terms of compliance, transparency and integrity whilst developing tools which enable the business to maximize profits, cash flow and improve customer service.
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting for the UK business
- Oversee all accounting functions (AP, AR, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Controlling, Costing) and IT, developing controls, policies and procedures
- Manage, supervise and mentor the team, leading by example in demonstrating values and behaviours
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of monthly reports, presenting the financial results compared to budget and identify key profitability or cash flow issues and solutions
- Provide operational insight and timely analysis to ensure that business needs are achieved
- Analyse trends, business risks and opportunities and make recommendations
- Monitor cash flow, providing group reporting as necessary, and take appropriate action
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide sound financial analysis for a variety of special projects. Such as analysis of capital expenditure, new product development, factory costs and performance for determining product and market rationalisation
- As key contributor to the leadership team, partner effectively with the General Manager and the Group CFO to drive financial improvement and direct the organisation's strategic goals.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Existing experience in a senior finance and leadership role - you may be an experienced Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director, Head of Finance or be ready and seeking that next step up in your career to this level
- Previous staff supervision, motivation and team leadership experience essential
- A supportive approach, leading by example with a 'hands on', 'no job too small' attitude
- Strong problem solving skills, a creative solutions provider
- Confident communicator, skilled at preparing and delivering presentations
- Flexible, able to adapt, organised, self-motivated / driven and committed
- Experience of manufacturing, assembly operations and standard costing preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills plus any ERP systems experience beneficial (Oracle, SAP etc).
What's on offer:
- Six figure package
- Car allowance
- Full benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Friday early finish (2pm)!
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231056 - Chief Financial Officer