We are currently seeking a Company Accountant on behalf of an established service provider based in Southam.
This highly regarded and reputable company provides programmes to clients tailored to their specific sector and now requires a Company Accountant to join their team. This is the sole finance person within the business, taking ownership of top-to-bottom accounting, from the day-to-day right through to maintaining accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounts.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is crucial in ensuring the purchase ledger and sales ledger is up-to date, working towards period end closure of accounts for statutory VAT returns and management accounts as well as completing payroll, credit control and tax planning.
This requirement would be great for a well-rounded accountant, either studying, qualified or QBE, where they can go above and beyond in a hands-on and fast paced role, adding value to the processes and procedures within a value-oriented company.
- To maintain accurate and up to date accounts, perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities for three separate companies
- Day to day accounts duties - Sales ledger, Purchase ledger & credit control
- To prepare monthly staff salaries (Moneysoft Payroll), deal with Inland Revenue returns
- Responsible for quarterly statutory returns (VAT)
- Analyse and report on financial status including variances, communicate financial results to management as well as implementing budgets, cash-flow and analysis
- Banking responsibilities - Payments, Receipts, Reconciliations
- Prepayments & Accruals, Month end journals & Reconciliations
- Tax planning, produce business plans and business strategies
- Interpret and communicate financial information to non-financial Managers
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance
What we are looking for:
- AAT or ACCA/CIMA qualified/studier or qualified by experience
- Strong transactional accounting background, with experience of accounts preparation
- Experience of VAT/Payroll - preparation of data and submissions
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management in meeting deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc).
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, up to £44,000 dependent upon experience
- Onsite parking
- Other benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke or Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22996 - Company Accountant