A leading global professional services firm based in city centre Birmingham seeks a Compliance & Finance Administrator to join their finance team.
The Compliance & Finance Administrator will work with the key stakeholders to ensure an excellent client experience during the client take-on process (KYC) for clients and to ensure that the firm's policies are strictly adhered to.
Reporting to the Group Financial Accountant, this opening allows for direct interaction with clients and be responsible for providing full administrative support in undertaking due diligence on new clients and to ensure compliance with money laundering regulations (AML), as well as supporting on bookkeeping and other finance administrative duties.
This opportunity would be ideal for a candidate with prior experience of legal anti-money laundering application and due diligence along with strong interpersonal communication across all levels of stakeholders.
- Determining the required client acceptance checks based upon client characteristics and the firm's processes.
- Completing the required client acceptance checks including reviewing certified documents and conducting database searches.
- Liaising with the credit management team to obtain credit status reports and to determine credit risk.
- Proactively identifying and solving issues which arise during the client acceptance process.
- Issuing appropriate letters of engagement and terms of business for e-signature.
- Alerting relevant stakeholders of failure to meet deadlines for completion of client take on procedures and ensuring that the system credit status is updated in line with strict compliance requirements.
- Investigating unidentified incoming monies, ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering regulations, and researching credit note balances on debtor and sundry accounts to facilitate prompt resolution.
- Administrating bank documentation such as bank mandates, correspondence, statements, payment forms and loan agreements.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience within a client facing role with broad knowledge and application of Anti Money Laundering (AML).
- Strong interpersonally - both written and oral.
- The ability to manage several different assignments and able to prioritise tasks.
- A methodical approach to work with excellent attention to detail and honed research skills.
- Strong IT skills - MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary up to £26,000 dependent on qualification and experience
- 26 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Hybrid working from home days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Membership fees to professional bodies.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard or Luke to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22946 - Compliance & Finance Administrator