The Credit Controller role will be part of a large, centralised finance function, working for this professional services business based in Northampton. Each Credit Controller is responsible for providing a comprehensive day to day credit control service working on approximately 500 live accounts.
You will regularly liaise with external and internal clients including partners and senior managers and will need to establish good working relationships with these groups of customers.
- Ensure prompt collection of outstanding debts efficiently and effectively.
- Highlight problems and issues as they arise
- Maintain appropriate notes in the finance system
- Chase outstanding debts by telephone and prepare necessary debt collection letters
- Deal with unallocated cash and reconciliations of accounts
- Process and monitor legal proceedings for fee recovery
- Negotiate payment plans with guidance of partners and managers
- Maintain and control sales ledger client data
- Involvement with monthly statements process
- Prepare monthly overdue and problem debt reports
- Monthly debtor reporting to partners and managers
- Reduce the Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Any other duties as required within the scope of credit control and related functions
- Liaise with partners, managers and clients in accordance with guidelines
- Conduct regular meetings with partners and account holders to discuss outstanding debts
- Achieve personal and team targets
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable credit control experience
- Working within a target driven environment
- A collaborative attitude
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits including pension and bonus
- Progressive environment with numerous career possibilities
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20743