UK Finance Controller opportunity in Coventry. Will suit an experienced SME Head of Finance or a Finance Manager / Financial Controller seeking and ready for that next step up to a 'number one' position.
Our client is an innovation-focused global manufacturer that is currently driving a variety of change and transformation projects. With an impressive and ever-increasing order book, this is an exciting time to join the business as the business is positioned for growth with updated products and a footprint in developing and developed markets.
The Accounts and IT team in Coventry is critical to the commercial success of the business. Reporting directly to the Group CFO and acting as a partner to the General Manager, you will provide leadership and produce, analyse and translate accurate business and financial data into meaningful, actionable business strategies.
In addition to supporting the commercial success of the business the Finance Controller must ensure all processes meet the highest standards in terms of compliance, transparency and integrity whilst developing systems and processes which enable the business to maximize profits, cash flow and improve customer service.
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting for the UK business
- Oversee all accounting functions (AP, AR, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Controlling, Costing) and IT, developing controls, policies and procedures
- Manage, supervise and mentor the team, leading by example in demonstrating values and behaviours
- Preparation and issuance of monthly reports, presenting the financial results compared to budget and identify key profitability or cash flow issues and solutions
- Provide operational insight and timely analysis to ensure that business needs are achieved - MRP, Stock, Inventory etc
- Analyse trends, business risks and opportunities and make recommendations
- Monitor cash flow, providing group reporting as necessary, and take appropriate action
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide sound financial analysis for a variety of special projects. Such as analysis of capital expenditure, new product development, factory costs and performance for determining product and market rationalisation
- As key contributor to the leadership team, partner effectively with the General Manager and the Group CFO to drive financial improvement and direct the organisation's strategic goals.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Existing experience in a senior financial leadership role as a Head of Finance or similar. Finance Controller / Manager candidates ready and seeking that next step up to a 'number one' role will also be considered
- A supportive approach, leading by example with a 'hands on', 'no job too small' attitude
- Previous staff supervision, motivation and team leadership experience essential
- Strong problem solving skills, a creative solutions provider
- Confident communicator, skilled at preparing and delivering presentations
- Flexible, able to adapt, organised, self-motivated / driven and committed
- SME experience within manufacturing, assembly operations and standard costing preferred but not essential
- Strong MS Excel skills plus any ERP (Oracle, SAP etc) and MRP systems experience beneficial.
What's on offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Car allowance
- Full benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Friday early finish (2pm)!
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231061 - Finance Controller