A family orientated accountancy firm based in Lichfield seek a Financial Accountant to join their expanding team. ** Flexible & accommodating culture ** Hybrid working from home ** Will consider reduced 4 day schedule and part time ** Career development opportunities if desired.
This aspiring & developing practice is developing both in terms of clients and head count and if desired, there are genuine future career progression opportunities on offer along with legitimate work life balance. The Financial Accountant will take ownership of a wide-ranging client base across varying industries and sectors with turnover into the low (£) millions, ensuring the preparation and submission of year-end accounts for clients.
Reporting to the Director, this opening requires high levels of attention to detail, ensuring year end accounts and corporation tax returns are completed and submitted to deadlines while liaising with clients, Companies House, HMRC and fellow colleagues, providing feedback and advice for their own professional development.
We would love to engage with candidates with a practice background, that are technically robust in the preparation of financial statements and are either fully qualified, exam finalists or QBE that seek a genuine work life balance along with the prospect of advancing their career.
- Processing both complex group and small limited company accounts to final accounts stage, linking to tax returns as appropriate
- Ensure that the full portfolio of statutory accounts is completed in line with Companies House deadlines
- Develop working relationships with clients, processing information and providing feedback and guidance where necessary
- Submit corporation tax returns to HMRC, ensuring they are correct and submitted on time
- P11d's - Preparation and submission of client P11d returns, resolving any queries
- Review and support colleagues by assisting as required
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or finalist accountant, ACCA, ACA/ICAEW, AAT or equivalent
- Candidates deemed qualified by experience with current/recent accountancy practice experience will also be considered
- Robust attention to detail with ability to prioritise tasks and communicate across all business levels
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
- Technically strong, keeping up to date with adaptations in compliance standards
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £35,000, dependent upon experience
- 4 or 5 working days per week, would consider part time hours
- Flexible hybrid working including working from home
- Supportive working environment, family focussed and with future career progression
- Free car parking, fantastic office location based in Lichfield
- No limits on career progression, even to Partner, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231029 - Financial Accountant