We are seeking a part time (up to 25 hours per week) Financial Systems Accountant on behalf of this leisure provider based in Northampton.
This not-for-profit organisation provides the local community with accessible facilities as well as promote and inspire active lifestyles. The Financial Systems Accountant is essential to design and implement systems and procedures to ensure efficient and effective accounting of financial transactions and the security of financial assets.
Supporting the Finance Director, this opportunity will assist the provision of profession financial services to the internal and external customers, undertake the reconciliation and posting of financial data and ensure this financial data complies with relevant accounting requirements. To be successful in this role, you will work collaborate with key stakeholders as well as be adaptable and receptive to new ideas in the generation and implementation of formulating accounting policies and procedures which are adopted.
We are keen to engage with candidates that possess prior financial systems experience, who are efficient and able to solve complex matters with the ability to interpret data and maintain key controls.
- To act as the system administrator for financial and HR systems
- Assist in the provision of a comprehensive, proactive, innovative financial service to all levels of management on a range of finance functions
- Be an integral part of the financial internal control framework, designing processes and procedures to be used and ensuring these are adequately implemented across the company
- Ensuring that reconciliations are completed and financial returns submitted
- Support the development of financial data such as payroll and financial statements relating to funding, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure that accounting and financial records are maintained to comply with all relevant accounting standards.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or finalist accountant, ACCA, CIMA, ACA/ICAEW, AAT or equivalent
- Candidates deemed qualified by experience with current/recent finance systems accounting experience will also be considered
- Robust attention to detail with ability to be adaptable and prioritise assignments
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively using different communication methods and styles.
What's on offer:
- Part time role up to 25 hours per week, salary up to £40,000 FTE
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/221026 - Financial Systems Accountant