Help shape the future of this leading global professional services firm in the heart of Birmingham. The Group Financial Accountant is a key member of the finance team and is responsible for financial accounting and reporting across the Group. The Group Financial Accountant has full ownership of a UK entity and the integration of a European entity.
The Group Financial Accountant has responsibility for a small team three, so the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate at least the ability to manage and develop staff. Individuals from accountancy practice are encouraged to apply.
Hybrid role, minimum two days a week in the office.
- Delivery of the financial accounts for the UK trading entities and the statutory UK consolidation of overseas entities.
- Responsible for tax compliance for the Group and the oversight of the Client Take On process. With 3 direct reports, ranging from fully qualified staff to new starters
- Complete ownership of the financial accounting and statutory reporting process for a number of different entities within the Group
- Oversee the year end audit process for the UK and other entities with the assistance of the Financial Accountant
- Ensure robust financial controls are adhered to throughout the Financial year through monthly balance sheet reviews in line with the month end timetable
- Day to day management of the Financial Accountant for the UK entity
- Oversee the day to day management of the Client Take On process
- Compile all information relating to Insurance renewals, including allocation and recharging
- Oversee the payroll process for the UK entity
- Work closely with senior finance management on board papers and presentations
- Management and development of finance staff
- Work collaboratively with Group Finance team members, other Group functions and entity accountants
What we are looking for:
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years PQE (ACCA, CIMA ICAEW or equivalent)
- Previous managerial experience
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management
- Ability to reconcile large amounts of data
- Strong IT skills - MS Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, Index Match and charts), Word and PowerPoint
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 26 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Membership fees to professional bodies
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22939