Newly created role for a HR & Office Manager with a growing professional services firm in Coventry. A great time to join the firm as they are experiencing unprecedented growth, this opportunity has a clear route to Director level for the right candidate.
My client is a well-established accountancy practice primarily based in Coventry in the West Midlands. Due to continued recent growth, expansion and future succession planning, they seek a HR & Office Manager to join their professional services support team. This is a fantastic time to join the firm as, with a considerable amount of new business being won, growth has been unprecedented during 2020, 2021 and this is continuing in 2022.
The recruitment of the HR & Office Manager is the first step as part of a transitional process within the firm to develop an operations team to support the fee earning staff. A newly created role, this seen as a key position to help facilitate and fuel growth.
The role has a clear route to Director level for the right candidate, becoming less hands on over time with the resulting Director role overseeing these other roles.
- Assist line managers to manage complex issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- HR files, HR toolkit, contact point with HR Dept where required
- Appraisals - coordination, direction and documentation
- Review staff gradings, structure and HR policy (project)
- Soft skills and line management training for the team and sharing best practice
- Staff planning and resourcing
- Identify and monitor employee development plans
- Talent management, succession planning and training
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant external training bodies and organisations - ICAEW, ACCA, AAT, Kaplan, Mercia CPD
- Strategic advisory, opportunity to become a Mindshop advisor
- Involvement in strategy sessions (Business Leader Group, Third Sector Strategy Group)
- Linking in on business development projects where appropriate
- Recruitment, assisting teams to assess strategic needs.
- Leading HR initiatives over the firm in line with organisational strategy and objectives
- Taking oversight of the company's culture
- Working closely with managing partner on key growth objectives
- Contributing to the long-term goals around people development, including succession planning and talent acquisition
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, to continually improve and create an even better work environment and engaged workforce
- Consideration of HR advisory as a service offering to clients
- Future member of the leadership team of the firm.
- Proven previous Human Resources experience working as a HR Manager, HR Business Partner or similar role
- Relevant professional qualifications achieved or in pursuit of, CIPD or equivalent
- Up to date employment law knowledge and HR best practice
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- People oriented and results driven with strong communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and stay organised with a consistent approach
- Any previous knowledge and experience gained within a Professional Services sector environment is beneficial.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary and remuneration package dependent upon experience
- Flexible / Hybrid working from home, as desired
- Benefits including Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover (6 x salary)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas close
- Opportunity to progress to Director and to be a member of the leadership team of the firm.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22929 - HR & Office Manager