We are currently assisting a global advisory firm, based in Sheffield, with their search for an R&D Associate.
Our client is a market leader in providing tax advisory services and specialty insurance operating across several diverse and niche markets. This multinational firm seek a R&D Associate that possesses great attention to detail in their approach, thoroughness in working on complex assignments along with excellent written & oral communication skills.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the R&D Associate's role is vital in providing support to the Tax Consultants and involves meeting clients and intermediaries to obtain relevant information to help in the preparation of tax relief claims. Updating and maintaining reporting systems which monitor client tax claims, drafting technical and financial reports for submission to HMRC as well as documenting and analysing R&D expenditure.
We would love to speak to candidates with recent tax experience or recent graduates in Computing & IT/ Coding & Programming / Software Development or similar, as this opening provides a fantastic opportunity for someone eager to learn and develop their personal and professional competencies.
The business provides a market leading benefits package including an outstanding employer pension contribution, gym membership discounts, Bupa healthcare cover, hybrid working from home along with full training support.
- Attending face-to-face meetings or telephone conference calls with intermediaries and/or clients in order to obtain relevant information
- Documenting and analysing client R&D expenditure
- Maintaining contact with clients throughout and beyond the claim process
- Updating internal reporting systems as to the progress of individual claims
- Assisting in the drafting of technical and financial reports of client activity for onward submission to HMRC
- Assisting in the preparation of draft corporation tax computations
- Highlighting to consultants where further information is required in respect of the reports or computations
What we are looking for:
- A recent graduate of either software development, IT computing or coding & programming
- Professional, strong and confident communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High levels of attention to detail in the approach to working assignments
- Strong numerical competencies
- Solid Microsoft computer knowledge and application
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary up to £25,000 dependent upon experience
- Pension contribution up to 3x employee contribution
- Gymflex benefits - Discounted nationwide gym memberships
- Family Bupa private medical insurance cover including dental
- Full training provided - study time and financial support
- Hybrid working from home days
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22920 - R&D Associate