Due to ongoing business growth, we are seeking a Senior Management Accountant on behalf of a globally established logistics company, based in their new offices in Birmingham.
The organisation is a worldwide logistics company supporting clients from the small deliveries right through to cargo for the largest international projects. They seek a Senior Management Accountant to support the Managing Director in the delivery of meaningful and timely analysis which enables senior stakeholders to understand key business issues and drivers of performance to enable strategic decision making.
Additionally, this opportunity takes ownership of the small finance team that is responsible for processing all element of transactional accounting and supporting them in the evolution of enhancing processes and procedures. This hands-on position provides the excellent prospect to gain more exposure in wider finance as well as liaise with key stakeholders and aid the long-term growth strategies of the business.
I am eager to speak with either qualified accountants, finalists or QBEs with a commercial approach, in conjunction with experience of preparing management and financial accounts, planning, and analysis to support key business decisions within a successfully flourishing and striving company.
- Manage the month-end close and the financial year-end processes
- Review all costs and liaise with the Accounting Supervisor to ensure they are accurately recorded
- Monthly review costs against budget movement to ensure correct accruals are recorded, maintaining communication with Operational teams
- Produce meaningful and timely variance analysis which enables Senior Management to understand key business issues and drivers of performance
- Assist with preparing financial information for reports and to enable strategic decision making
- Manage credit control overseeing the Accounts Assistant
- Assist with the review of Duty & VAT reports and payment
- Manage staff training, ad-hoc projects, reviews
- Perform various monthly reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or finalist accountant, ACCA, ACA/ICAEW, AAT or equivalent
- Candidates deemed qualified by experience with current/recent management accounts experience will also be considered
- Strong stakeholder management along with confident verbal and written communication
- An analytical mentality and approach to assignments, seeking opportunities
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc).
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience up to £47,000
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Wellbeing Programme
- Free car parking, fantastic office location in Birmingham.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/231032 - Senior Management Accountant