Experienced Tax Director with a corporate tax or mixed tax background required by West Midlands based accountancy practice. This is a Partner-track opportunity.
My client is an established accountancy practice primarily based in the West Midlands region. They seek a high-level Tax Director, with extensive experience within corporate tax or mixed tax, to join their firm. This is a senior level appointment in support of the Partners with significant career and professional development prospects including to Partner level.
There are two key drivers behind the recruitment of this role. Firstly, succession planning at Partner level in the short, medium and long term. Secondly, an increase in high level Corporate Tax projects based on a significant increase in the corporate client base. It is an exciting time and this is an exciting opportunity!
This varied role will involve both tax advisory and tax compliance responsibilities with a bias towards the advisory side. The successful candidate will be involved with many of the firm's more complex and interesting corporate client projects. The client portfolio of the firm covers a wide range of business types and industry sectors, with many clients being either ambitious owner-managed companies or UK subsidiaries of international groups. The firm's tax offering and reputation is such that it is a unique selling point and indeed a differentiator within the market.
We're keen to hear from Corporate Tax professionals at the Manager/Senior Manager, Director and/or Partner level - all will be considered and can be accommodated.
- Assisting Managers, Senior Managers and Partners with ensuring that the Corporate Tax team deliver a world class service to their clients
- Reviewing Corporate Tax computations as required
In collaboration with the Tax Partners, involvement in the provision of advisory work and tax projects in respect of:
- Tax aspects of sales, acquisitions & reorganisations
- International and cross border tax considerations
- Capital allowances on fixtures within commercial buildings
- R&D tax credits
- Video Games Tax Relief
- Patent box
- Remuneration planning
- VAT queries and planning
- Charity tax considerations.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Generation of new work from existing client base, i.e. identifying tax planning opportunities
- Ad hoc assignments covering the full range of taxes
- Previous experience within Corporate Tax gained within the profession although candidates in Industry wishing to return to Practice will also be considered
- Relevant tax and/or accounting qualification, ATT, CTA, ACCA, ICAEW/ACA or equivalent
- Demonstrable current technical tax knowledge
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- The desire to develop a reputation within the region and to build a network of contacts
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Strong relationship management and development skills
- Fully computer literate.
What's on offer:
- Generous salary and remuneration package dependent upon experience
- Flexible hybrid working from home, as desired
- Benefits including Pension, PHI, DIS
- Genuine opportunity to be a Partner of the firm
- This role could suit an individual from within the Big 4, or a top tier firm, who is seeking more autonomy and strategic involvement than the larger corporate world allows
- In addition, a tax professional from within a region accountancy firm currently working as a Tax Manager/Senior Manager, Tax Director or even an existing Tax Partner could relish and thrive within this rare opportunity.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22954 - Tax Director