Unique Tax Manager opportunity working within high profile and specialist client sectors. Flexible / hybrid working from home, bonus scheme and a clear pathway of career progression all on offer.
Our client is a genuinely unique firm of accountants as they attend to the affairs and provide niche specialist advice to many high-profile clients in the International entertainment, media and sports industry sectors. Also with many clients in other different sectors, this client portfolio provides amazing opportunities for the right person to develop specialist skills and experience, an opportunity that would not exist in most other accountancy & tax advisory practices.
Due to continued organic growth, they seek an experienced Tax Manager to join their expanding tax team. From the outset you will be given the responsibility of managing your own portfolio and client relationships.
The role would comprise both the tax advisory work and an element of compliance as a result of overseeing the private client compliance work within your portfolio, which would be prepared by junior members of the team. There will also be opportunities to get involved with various other aspects of tax advice, including general private client tax planning and corporate tax transactions.
This role would be suited to CTA (or equivalent) qualified individuals. A private client tax background is preferable and any corporate tax knowledge would also be helpful (but not essential).
A clear pathway of progression is on offer and there are no barriers to promotion for the right person. My client is seeking to recruit an individual who will be with the business in the long term.
- Dealing with complex tax matters and providing clear concise advice to clients
- Managing a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility ensure any compliance deadlines are met and work completed to a high standard
- Work and liaise with the clients directly to understand their requirements, also identifying areas where more detailed advice may be required
- Liaising with internal teams (such as accounts, payroll, business management) to ensure clients affairs are co-ordinated and delivered on time
- Identify opportunities for any additional services that clients may need and liaise with subject specialists
- Being able to manage and navigate HMRC enquiries on behalf of clients
- Providing guidance and assistance to junior members of the team, where needed
- Responsibility for the billing of clients within your portfolio, and associated debt collection.
- Involvement with Business Development opportunities, and internal Tax Technical Training sessions.
- This role would be suited to CTA (or equivalent) qualified individuals as well as those deemed qualified by experience
- Due to the nature of the clients, a private client background would be preferable, any corporate tax knowledge would be helpful but is by no means essential
- Previous experience working in a professional services organisation, ideally as a Tax Manager - Personal, Private Client or Mixed tax - although candidates at the Assistant Manager, Senior or Executive level will also be considered
- Experience in reviewing self-assessment tax returns
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients
- Ability to undertake tax research and reach conclusions in order to communicate complex concepts to clients.
- Proven track record of developing and managing staff
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Very organised in order to keep on top of workloads, including monitoring time charges and budgets.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible / hybrid working from home
- A clear pathway of progression
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health plan benefits
- Mobile phone
- Free on-site parking
- Christmas close down.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22992 - Tax Manager