This accountancy practice based in Solihull is looking to enhance their team with an experienced VAT Manager to provide VAT support and advice to their clients.
As the VAT Manager, you will be joining a professional and enthusiastic accountancy and business support team who strive to provide a full comprehensive service to their clients.
This role is currently hybrid between home and office but this may be subject to change.
- Completing VAT reporting and assignments as directed.
- Assisting clients with queries, and providing guidance on changes in VAT legislation - for example, the VAT reverse charge or Brexit impacts
- Advising clients on any international VAT aspects where required, such as whether required to register in overseas territory, whether to charge VAT etc (full international vat knowledge is not a requirement, but some awareness and advisory required)
- Assist in all tax related enquiries and where necessary liaise with other relevant parties
- Reviewing previous transactions for any known VAT issues
- Review and preparation of partial exemption calculations
- Advising on VAT consequences or implications on proposed restructures and planning projects ongoing for clients
What we're looking for:
- Great team working, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Competent in VAT accounting requirements
- Accounting or tax qualification (e.g. ATT, CTA)
- Ability to build relationships and to manage multiple priorities
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary and holidays
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients
- Positive and modern work environment
- Subsidised meals
- Subsidised fitness studio membership
- Free Parking
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21834 - VAT Manager (Solihull)