3D CAD Engineer required by major technology and engineering company based in Coventry and Warwickshire.
My client is a global automotive engineering supplier whose innovative technology is at the forefront of future mobility solutions. Reporting to the CAD Platform Supervisor, the 3D CAD Engineer will support all project 3D data designs and drawings both at my client's site in Coventry and the customer site in Warwickshire.
Whilst liaising with engineering in the control and generation of CAD CATIA data and drawings, you will document CAD activities and maintain all facets of CAD drawing generation in line with customer requirements and objectives. Working within and contribution to all team activities, you also develop personal systems for optimum performance and efficiency.
- Create design proposals & concepts and make decisions regarding engineering changes
- Verify designed solutions together with client manufacturing
- 2d drawing and 3D design and release according to time plan, customer requirements and methods
- Verify all relevant surrounding geometries
- Raise issues & escalate technical issues when required
- Responsible for RQA, to initiate, identify and report deviations according to time plan
- Support input to DFMEA
- Ensure correct status within responsibility area in CAD BOM alignment
- BOD compliance and support BOD workshops, matching quality and cost targets
- Support component engineer
- Ensure progress in packaging
- Verify design solutions in prototype builds, virtual and physical
- Contribute to identify and solve quality issues
- Support FLOW actions to reach technical solution
- Maintain good communication within project and core team
- Keep updated and educated on new CAD programs or applications.
- Engineering degree (Automotive, Electrical or related technical field) or equivalent and relevant experience in lieu of education
- Certificate in 3D Computer Aided Design - CATIA
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles
- Ability to demonstrate detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts and practice
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment
- Strong organisational and planning skills to meet established deadlines and milestones
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all business levels with a customer focus
- Certificate in TeamCentre - TCe - is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer;
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Base salary up to £50,000
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension, up to 9% employer contribution
- Other benefits including Health Plan, Life Assurance etc
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19672