Established and successful regional firm of chartered accountants seek an experienced Accountant to prepare accounts for an existing portfolio of clients.
My client is an established and successful regional firm of chartered accountants who service a portfolio of clients predominately across Northamptonshire from their offices in Wellingborough.
Due to recent growth and future planning they seek an experienced Accountant to provide accounts preparation services to clients across a multitude of sectors including engineering, automotive and financial services. Core clients will typically be SME businesses below the audit threshold in terms of turnover.
- Preparation of management accounts for clients
- Preparation of statutory accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Resolve queries and maintain regular contact with clients
- Liaise with HMRC on clients' behalf
- Initial draft of tax returns
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Previous accounts preparation experience gained within an accountancy practice of any size
- Qualified by experience or AAT qualified or ACCA / ACA finalist
- Good IT skills - working knowledge of Ms Office packages (Excel) and accounting packages such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks etc
- Basic tax compliance knowledge and experience preferred nut not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with clients and HMRC
- The ability to self manage, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines
- A flexible and willing approach and be comfortable working within a small team
- A willingness and ability to travel to clients' premises across Northamptonshire as required.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16475