A family friendly accountancy firm based in Lichfield seek an Accountant to join their expanding team. ** Flexible & accommodating culture ** Hybrid working from home ** Will consider reduced 4 day schedule and part time ** Career development, even to Partner, if desired.
This aspiring & progressive practice is growing both in terms of clients and head count and if desired, there are genuine future career progression opportunities on offer along with legitimate work life balance. The Accountant will take ownership of a wide-ranging client base across varying industries and sectors with turnover into the low (£) millions, ensuring the preparation and submission of year end of client accounts to deadlines.
Reporting to the Director, this opportunity requires high levels of attention to detail in the examination and approval of financial accounts, with clear and concise communication methods in both the development of junior's members but also liaising directly with clients, delivering feedback and commercial advice where applicable.
We would love to engage with candidates with a practice background, that are technically robust in the preparation of financial statements and are either fully qualified, exam finalists or QBE that seek a genuine work life balance along with the prospect of advancing their career.
- Processing both complex group and small limited company accounts to final accounts stage, linking to tax returns as appropriate
- Develop working relationships with clients, processing information and providing feedback and guidance where necessary
- Submit corporation tax returns to HMRC, ensuring they are correct and submitted on time
- P11d's - Preparation and submission of client P11d returns
- Review and support colleagues by assisting as required
What we are looking for:
- Qualified of finalist accountant, ACCA, ACA/ICAEW or equivalent
- Candidates deemed qualified by experience with current/recent accountancy practice experience will also be considered
- Robust attention to detail with ability to prioritise tasks and communicate across all business levels
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
- Technically strong, keeping up to date with adaptations in compliance standards
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £40,000, dependent upon experience
- 4 or 5 working days per week, would consider part time hours
- Flexible hybrid working including working from home
- Supportive working environment, family focussed and with future career progression
- Free car parking, fantastic office location in central Lichfield
- No limits on career progression, even to Partner, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/221017 - Accountant