Newly created opportunity for an Accountant in Paris with a rapidly expanding publicly listed global business. Excellent package and future career progression on offer. Candidates from within the profession / accountancy practice also considered.
My client, a US listed global business, is expanding rapidly throughout Europe. Driven by high ambition, this growth has been achieved both organically with increasing product demand and through a succession of acquisitions. Consequently, they seek a French and English speaking Accountant based in their beautiful offices in Paris.
Reporting to and in support of the EMEA Finance Controller, in this newly created role, your key responsibilities will be taking ownership of the preparation of the day to day accounts and financial reporting for the French operations of the business, SME in size but growing.
This role provides the opportunity to work autonomously within a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- General ledger entries, maintain accounting schedules and reconciliations
- Invoicing and cash reconciliations
- Dealing with amortization, accruals and depreciations
- Journal entries, trial balance and variance analysis
- Key balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Month end accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial close process
- Prepare monthly financial statements with follow up analysis
- Assisting the business with the implementation of efficient and diligent financial practices
- Assist with Goods and Services Tax (GST) reconciliations
- General taxation matters including VAT returns
- Assisting with the year end audit process, preparation and audit of statutory financial statements for France
- Ad-hoc reporting.
- Fluent in French (Native or Fluent) and English (Fluent or Business Conversational)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (DEC, IFAC, CNCC, CSOEC, ACCA, CPA or equivalent) preferred, candidates qualified by experience also considered
- Practical accounting and financial reporting experience working as an Accountant, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller or in a similar role
- Solid up-to-date technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Any French GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS or SOX experience beneficial but not essential
- Commercially aware with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and comfortable working fairly autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong systems skills including Excel. Any ERP experience for example with Oracle, Netsuite, SAP, HFM is beneficial but not essential.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent future development and professional growth
- Stunning offices in the heart of Paris.
Interested? Want to learn more? Apply today or message me on email or LinkedIn.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy and we are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22976