We are currently looking for a part qualified Accounts Assistant to work within the Outsourcing Department of this top tier chartered accountancy practice in Milton Keynes. With career progression and employee engagement at the top of their agenda, the firm now wants to appoint a part qualified ACA/ACCA or AAT qualified Accounts Assistant with the prospect of full support to qualification and a fulfulling and varied career thereafter. As the Accounts Assistant you will support the wider Outsourcing team to deliver high quality services to clients, within set time scales.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for a various range of clients.
- Assist with preparation of year end financial statements/accounts for a range of unincorporated businesses as well as book-keeping.
- Maintaining the accounting records and preparing management accounts for clients.
- Preparation of HMRC VAT returns.
- Assist with Trust Accounts.
- Report on a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of case progress and any issues arising.
- Raise the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
What we are looking for:
- AAT qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA - essential.
- Previous practical accounts preparation experience within a mid-large sized firm, in a practice environment.
- Strong interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel.
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 or experience of another accounts system is essential.
- Knowledge of Xero or CaseWare would be desirable.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Flexible and extensive benefits
Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 0 1926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15299