Reputable professional services organisation, with multiple offices across the UK, is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to work within their finance team in their Cambridge office. The Accounts Assistant will provide accounting assistance and administrative support to the Credit Manager and the wider Finance team.
- Reconciliation of the foreign associates statements of account with our records on Dream, as part ofthe International Payments team
- Investigation of discrepancies and queries by liaising with the client, fee earner or our local accountsteams; liaison with credit control in relation to offsets/sales ledger balances
- Processing payments in accordance with required payment terms, using the most appropriatepayment providerEnsure remittance advices are issued in advance of payment reaching client
- Accurate posting of the payments/adjustments to Dream, ensuring the purchase ledger records areup to date
- Sales ledger duties to include daily posting of incoming receipts and client account monies to Dream,ensuringrecords are accurate, up to date and consistently reliable
- Follow up unidentified payments promptly, requesting remittance advices to facilitate allocation
- Assisting the Credit Manager with ad hoc duties which are required to support fee earners within thelocal office and the wider Firm, and providing support to the wider Finance Team.
You will have:
- Knowledge of MS Office products, in particular Excel
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Experience of working in an accounts team within a professional services environment (desirable)
- Accurate and diligent working practices
- Excellent prioritisation skills with experience of working to deadlines
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 22 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays, increasing to 25 days after 5 years' service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance (after 18 months)
- Permanent health insurance (after 2 years)
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies required for the role.
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15326