An Accounts Assistant is required by a long established engineering company in Coventry - all round transactional role offering full benefits including early Friday finish.
Working within a small accounts team and reporting directly to the Finance Director, as Accounts Assistant your responsibilities will cover all aspects of the day-to-day transactional accounting. To use a more traditional term, this is effectively a bookkeeping role covering both the sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Daily analysis of bank statements and updating cashbooks
- Reconciliation and posting of cash receipts and payments to sales ledgers and purchase ledgers
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Credit control, contacting customers and liaising with colleagues
- Maintaining the status of sales ledger
- Setting up new customer and supplier
- Analysing and posting supplier invoices, including foreign currency invoices (US Dollars and Euros)
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders
- Matching supplier invoices to Goods Receipt Notes
- Reconciliation of purchase ledger to supplier statements
- Preparing supplier payment schedules
- Working collaboratively and alongside colleagues
- All round accounts (sales and purchase ledger) or bookkeeping experience gained within an accounts / finance function
- Previous experience working as an Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
- Organised, diligent and proactive approach, a strong 'can do' attitude is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills at all business levels.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closedown (most years)
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- 37.5 hours per week over 4 ½ days with 12:30pm finish on Fridays!
Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22993 - Accounts Assistant