Accounts Assistant opportunity with a multi-office real estate firm based in Nuneaton.
Our client is an independent real estate agency with a network of offices across the Coventry and Warwickshire region. A long-established and reputable firm, they are a multi-discipline practice providing estate agency, lettings, property management, commercial real estate, surveying and auctioneering services.
They seek an Accounts Assistant, based in their Nuneaton office, to support the Branch Manager and regional Directors in the smooth running of the firm's Property Management accounting.
This is an all-encompassing and interesting opportunity that could suit an Accounts Assistant seeking a new challenge, perhaps an AAT studier, or a Graduate who is eager and able to learn quickly to develop their accounting experience in what can be a fast-paced multi-tasking and office environment.
- Support the Branch Manager and Directors in the smooth running of the firm's Property Management accounting
- Assist with bank reconciliations on the firm's client management accounts and service charge accounts, providing monthly updates to the associated Director
- Sales ledger and credit control
- Post all cash received on a daily basis
- Produce and consolidate client statements and generate BACS payment runs to pay all clients
- Maintain supplier ledger
- In-depth scrutiny of both income and expenditure
- Preparation of quarterly and monthly rental payments and accounting to the appropriate clients
- Computation and payment of tax liabilities in respect of overseas clients together with required HMRC reports and submissions
- Setting up new client property and tenant details on the systems
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of office procedures in areas such as service charges and rent collections
- Provide general office support including typing, telephone and general reception duties, as required.
- Responsible for Branch petty cash and franking machine.
- AAT studier, Graduate or qualified by experience candidates all considered
- Some previous experience working within general ledger and transactional accounting as an Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Property Accountant or similar role
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages. Any previous accounting software or property management software experience is beneficial but not essential - Full training will be given on the bespoke systems and software used
- A proactive approach, able to use your own initiative
- Organised, process focused able to multi-task
- Numerate and with strong attention to detail
- A friendly and 'can-do' approach with excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Any previous experience working within the property and real estate sector is an added bonus but by no means essential.
Interested? Want to learn more? Immediate need so APPLY TODAY.
Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22982 - Accounts Assistant