Accounts Manager or Accounts Assistant Manager opportunity with growing accountancy practice in Milton Keynes.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced Accounts Manager, or Assistant Manager, to join their Milton Keynes office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining a sizeable 100+ person operation. Teams are friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career.
As Accounts Manager or Accounts Assistant Manager, you will manage an accounts team and a personal portfolio of clients. You will effectively manage resources and the workflow to deliver firm services to clients.
- Provide accounting / accounts preparation services to clients across a variety of sectors
- Manage and supervise a team of approximately 8 accounts staff
- Manage a personal portfolio of clients, typically Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs)
- Review all work received
- Plan, allocate and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner review and approval
- Draft client letters, finalising of accounts, letters of engagement etc.
- Attend client meetings (where appropriate)
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA / ICAEW, ACCA qualified
- Previous staff management/supervisory experience with the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client accounts preparation experience gained within an accountancy practice environment
- technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standardsDemonstrable up-to-date
- Strong IT skills - Xero, Sage, CaseWare, Alphatax, Excel etc
- Commercially aware with a client focus
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer:
- Agile working with a genuine work life balance focus
- Competitive base salary plus benefits
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Flexible benefits package tailored to you
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Personal career development and succession plan with supportive management structure.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21789