If you are an Accounts Payable Specialist who needs to get away from the mundane and join a business that can rejuvenate your career, then this role is for you. We are working with an E-commerce / retail business which is in start up mode. It has the backing of a global US listed business, so has financial muscle behind it's growth strategy for the UK market.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the payables activity, based in their offices in Leicester. Starting from a blank piece of paper, you will put processes and policies in place as there will be a certain level of ambiguity and a number of challenges to overcome. The Accounts Payable Specialist will collaborate closely with other stakeholders within the business.
The business is at an important and early stage where a credible Accounts Payable Specialist can have a large impact to support rapid growth.
- Ensuring all liabilities are paid & accurately recording the financial transactions for our accounts payables function.
- Accountable for indirect suppliers, employee business spend, processing, reconciling & investigating and resolving problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts - processing, verifications & reconciling of supplier invoices & statements on account
- Control & reconciliation of employee & corporate expenditure
- Management of daily outgoings & cash book payments
- Investigation and validation of AP discrepancies.
- Ensuring the purchase ledger is accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Manage new supplier set up & relationships
- Handling vendor correspondence & calls
What we are looking for:
- Experience of best practice in accounts payables / purchase ledger / bought ledger
- Excellent knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Experience with dealing with multiple tasks
- Experience with using SAP an advantage
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Real career progression and development
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20753