Oxfordshire accountancy firm requires an experienced Accounts Senior to provide accountancy and tax services to an existing portfolio of clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice based in Banbury. They have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years and now require an experienced Accounts Senior to join the Business and Tax Services Team. The role will focus predominantly on smaller clients, which mainly comprise of owner managed businesses, sole traders and partnerships. The individual will join the team as one of the senior members and will therefore be expected to have strong technical knowledge and the ability to guide more junior team members.
The Business and Tax Services team focuses on Owner Managed Businesses and smaller, start-up clients. You will manage a team of accountants and trainees and will take responsibility for overseeing a sizeable portfolio of their key clients. You will provide a high quality, cost effective and timely accountancy and tax focused service to these clients and ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times.
- Prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
- Identifies points for partner to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Involvement with Audit work as and when required
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other bookkeeping queries as required.
- Ability to prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- In depth accounts prep knowledge
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary up to £36,000
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits.
Immediate need so register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/16367