Accounts Senior required by established independent firm of accountants in Kettering.
Our client is a reputable independent accountancy firm based in Kettering. They have a vacancy for an Accounts Senior. Previous accounts preparation experience gained within an accountancy practice is however a prerequisite. You will be encouraged to develop and grow within the team, working with a range of different clients.
In support of the Partners and Managers, the roles are very engaging leading to a high level of visibility, input and responsibility. The firm operates within a number of specialist sectors including charities, legal, agriculture and clients who are UK subsidiaries of overseas groups.
This is an opportunity for someone with the right potential to move forward within the firm.
- Prepare client accounts, tax returns, and VAT returns based work from information supplied by client to the required standards
- Identify points for Partner to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other bookkeeping queries as required.
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified or part qualified for the Semi Senior position
- Previous Public Practice background
- Experience preparing financial accounts / statements and tax computations ready for review
- Experience with a variety of accountancy packages, with an ability to adapt to new software
- Good attention to detail and technical knowledge
- Good communicator, both within the team and whilst handling clients.
What's on offer;
- Genuine opportunity for progression within the firm
- Competitive salary
- Pension Contribution
- 23 days' holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance
- Flexible working structure
- Healthcare Plan
- Access to a support programme that incorporates coaching and mentoring
- Opportunity with a modern and progressive firm.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21738