A newly created Accounts Senior role within a rapidly growing Top 100 regional Accountancy firm based in Rugby. Great benefits including a bonus scheme, hybrid working from home days as well free onsite parking.
This ambitious professional services firm are a clear leader amongst other accountancy practices of a similar size with a plethora of high calibre individuals within the business. As they continue to grow both their client base and practice, they seek a progressive Accounts Senior to join the Business Services team. This role is essential in taking ownership of a wide-ranging client base across a magnitude of different industries and sectors, varying in sizes with the larger clients possessing turnover into the (£) millions.
The Accounts Senior will be responsible for reviewing and providing sign off for financial statements and accounts prepared by junior members of the team in line with compliance obligations. To be successful in this role, you will possess high levels of attention to detail in the examination of accounts with great interpersonal and communication skills in the development of juniors but also liaising closely with clients, providing feedback and advice where applicable.
We would love to engage with candidates which are fully qualified or exam finalists that are technically strong in the preparation of financial statements looking to take the next step in their career within an aspiring and expanding accountancy practice.
- Managing a portfolio of clients ranging from owner managed firms right through to SMEs across a wide range of different industries and sectors
- Ensure compliance with accounting, legal and tax reporting in a financial document for submission
- Preparing full set of company accounts for clients including assisting in Management Accounts, providing commentary to understand business performance
- Providing guidance and support in the accounting and compliance obligations
- Preparing corporation tax calculations returns
- VAT Returns are completed correctly, the appropriate VAT is collected and paid
- Developing and maintaining long-term business relationships with clients and HMRC
- Managing a small team of Accounts Assistants, reviewing work, and providing sign off
- Assist in the training and development of the junior members throughout the team, supporting their personal professional development
- Other ad hoc projects as required
What we are looking for:
- Technically strong, ACA/ACCA Qualified or Finalist with experience in preparation of financial statements
- Professional, strong and confident communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly organised, working to agreed deadlines and budgets
- The ability to self-manage, using initiative in the organisation of assigning workload
- Strong computer and numeracy skills
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, up to £35,000 plus holidays
- Bonus scheme along with a further benefits package
- Flexible working including working from home days
- Passionate & supportive working environment
- Free onsite car parking
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22916 - Accounts Senior