Our client, a top tier chartered practice, are now looking for a qualified Accounts Senior to join their Business Outsourcing department in Northampton. The Accounts Senior will get the opportunity to work independently and take ownership of preparing client accounts.
The Accounts Senior will form an integral part of the team, leading on client work and acting as a role model for associates and trainees. Providing hands on compliance and advisory that exceeds client expectations and supports the Partner and management team.
The clients are diverse ranging from subsidiaries of international groups, businesses of High Net Worth Individuals to dynamic owner managed businesses.
- Prepare accounts from books of prime entry (sole trader, partnership, charity and small limited companies)
- Prepare monthly management accounts for clients (mostly out of the office)
- Prepare quarterly VAT return for clients, including partial exemption calculations
- Deal with clients ad hoc queries from basic bookkeeping to payroll and PAYE queries
- Work with the wider team supporting others and managing your own time, working to deadlines.
- Providing associates with appropriate on the job training and coaching
- Pro-active networker attending marketing and networking events to act as an 'ambassador' of the firm
- Maintain an understanding of audit methodology and retains up to date knowledge of accounting standards
- Take an active part in planning discussions to identify client risks and client strategy if required
- Oversee all aspects of compilation accounts work, audit fieldwork and completion
- Prepare and review work papers and drafts of the financial statements.
You will have:
- A professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA) or equivalent with at least six months post qualification experience
- A genuine interest in managing client relationships
- Competent bookkeeping skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and a positive can do attitude
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package
- Study support
- Real opportunity for personal development and progression
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17407