Oxfordshire accountancy firm requires an experienced Accounts Senior to provide accountancy and tax services to an existing portfolio of clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice based in Banbury. They have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years and now require an experienced Accounts Senior to join their team. The role will focus predominantly on smaller clients, which mainly comprise of owner managed businesses, sole traders and partnerships. The individual will join the team as one of the senior members and will therefore be expected to have strong technical knowledge and the ability to guide more junior team members.
The team focuses on Owner Managed Businesses and smaller, start-up clients. You will manage a team of accountants and trainees and will take responsibility for overseeing a sizeable portfolio of their key clients. You will provide a high quality, cost effective and timely accountancy and tax focused service to these clients and ensure high levels of customer service are provided at all times.
- Assist the Manager as part of audit and accounts team as required. Act as senior on audit assignments
- Prepare client accounts based on information supplied by client
- Liaise with clients on account queries and other matters as appropriate
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns
- Prepare corporation tax computations and forms CT600
- Assist with client queries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business matters as required
- Prepare other client outputs, as instructed, e.g. spreadsheets
- Identify additional services for partner to raise with client
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Support the team with the production of their work
- Assist with administration tasks if necessary
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Ability to prepare, conduct and supervise audits, prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- In depth audit & accounts preparation knowledge
- Preferably accounts experience within a Practice environment.
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary up to £36,000
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits.
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17460