This regional firm with a strong presence in Northamptonshire, would like to hear from a qualified accountancy professional with a background in agriculture and property management.
The Agriculture and Property Manager will manage a portfolio of key rural business clients and drive the delivery of tailored accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team. Providing unique, tailored solutions to key rural clients. Based in Kettering.
In support of the Partners and Managers, the roles are very engaging leading to a high level of visibility, input and responsibility.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified
- Previous experience of working an agriculture portfolio in an accountancy practice environment
- Experience preparing financial accounts / statements and tax computations ready for review
- Experience with a variety of accountancy packages, with an ability to adapt to new software
- Good attention to detail and technical knowledge
- Good communicator, both within the team and whilst handling clients.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 28 days' holiday
- Medical cashplan
- Bupa healthcare
- Real opportunity for progression
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly office environment
- Join the market-leading Agricultural team in the area
- Chance to network at a range of events including country shows and dinners
- Full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes and the latest agricultural news
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19739