My client is a global engineering and technology organisation based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. They seek a APQP Engineer within their electrical wiring harness division. Reporting to the UK Customer Quality Manager, you will represent the voice of Quality in vehicle project teams for customer (JLR) and company operations. This will involve coordinating customer satisfaction key performance indicators and customer specific Quality tasks to ensure that customer specific project quality requirements are met.
You will also coordinate their Quality Operating system and perform internal audits of processes and procedures. It is important to note that this does NOT involve writing procedures nor issuing them but is more focused on communicating changes to the UK team, auditing against them and supporting their annual external certification audits.
- Be the Voice of Quality in the project team
- Single point of contact for AQP activities for specific project
- Identify and communicate customer specific requirements to project team
- Responsible for programme Quality KPI / KPM according to company and customer specific requirements (APQP, Phased PPAP)
- Define the Project Quality Plan
- Define the AQP communication plan with customer and establish a formal communication with the Process AQP & Project teams
- Coordinate AQP Activities for the project in accordance with the Quality and Communication Plans
- Assure the timely validation of the product and process through regular visit in plant , process release and Manufacturing Process Audit
- Coordinate all Project Quality related customer visits to the wiring harness plant
- Assure adequate support to the customer and to the plant in case of engineering changes and rework activities in preproduction phase
- Coordinate, with Process AQP, all Product Part Certification activities (PSW 1,2,3)
- Participate in project risk analysis (new technologies, new connection system)
- Actively participate in problem solving process
- Coordinate company Quality Operating System and perform internal audits within the UK Customer Service Centre to ensure compliance.
- Practical experience of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Practical experience in use of problem solving tools such as 8D reporting and six sigma
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including process documentation
- Ability to travel to client site as necessary
- Degree in Engineering or other technical field beneficial
- Background in Quality and previous Automotive industry experience advantageous
- Knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 (IATF 16949) combined with proven auditing experience to this standard ideal.
What's on offer;
- Salary up to £45,000 dependent upon experience
- Opportunity for future career growth and development both within the role and organisation
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Early Friday finish (12 Noon)
- On-site parking.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17500