Addington Ball has been appointed as an exclusive recruitment partner for this accomplished food import and supply business, which is an effective business partner for both UK and European suppliers and the UK grocery retailers.
They have developed, launched and established a portfolio of successful and profitable branded and own label products, through the provision of ongoing sales, marketing, technical and logistical support.
They now require an Assistant Accountant to work within their small finance team in Coventry to take responsibility for a variety of finance duties.
- Processing of supplier payments
- Performing tasks relating to general ledger accounting (journal entries, account analysis, supporting schedules)
- Bank Reconciliations and processing of direct debits/standing orders, etc.
- Occasional travel to deposit receipts from customers into company bank a/c.
- Processing promotional invoices and monitoring promotions
- Reconciling marketing budget
- Prepare and produce a set of management accounts
- Check and authorise staff expenses claims submissions, including payment of expenses.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return, completion of Intrastat and EC Sales List.
- Support the Finance Manager with calculations of the bonus structure for sales team.
What we are looking for:
- AAT qualified or part qualified, or equivalent
- Experience of creditor payments and debt management
- Good knowledge of VAT and its application to both supplier and client invoices;
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables)
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Personal development
Immediate need so register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18631