Due to ongoing business growth, we are seeking a part time Assistant Accountant on behalf of a globally established logistics company. Based at their new offices in Sutton Coldfield, this role is offered at 30 hours per week.
The organisation is a worldwide logistics company supporting clients with small deliveries right through to cargo for the largest international projects. They immediately seek a part time Assistant Accountant for 30 hours per week with some additional overtime available when providing cover within the accounts department.
Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, this varied role will encompass all elements of transactional accounting - accounts receivable, accounts payable - and general ledger accounting procedures - accruals, prepayments, journals, bank reconciliations etc.
With the core hours being 9am to 3pm, this role works well around school hours so could suit a working parent. Alternatively, any individual with an accounting background wanting a slightly reduced schedule would also really enjoy this opportunity.
- General housekeeping and maintenance of the Sales Ledger & Purchase Ledger functions
- Maintain the general ledger, posting journals, bank reconciliations etc
- Provide support within a small Accounts team
- Processing and submission of invoices using customer portals and management systems
- Contacting customers & suppliers, managing payments & settlements
- Handling customer queries and resolving discrepancies promptly
- Ad-hoc job-related tasks as and when requested
What we are looking for:
- Good all-round knowledge of transactional financial procedures, including purchase ledger and sales ledger
- Qualified by experience or AAT both considered
- Strong stakeholder management along with confident verbal and written communication
- The ability to self-manage, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines
- A professional approach to tasks with a resolute mindset
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages, previous experience with accounting software packages such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, VT or similar is beneficial.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience up to £28,000 pro rata
- Hours - Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm (Overtime paid for holiday cover which would extend the hours to 5 pm for approx. 12 weeks per year).
- Company pension scheme
- Full training on systems, processes & procedures
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22948 - Part time Assistant Accountant