This award winning firm of chartered accountants now has a career opportunity for an ambitious qualified senior Accountant to join their Business Services Team based in Buckingham. This new vacancy, that of Assistant Director of Business Services, will provide an ambitious Accountant a portfolio of clients to manage and an opportunity to be a technical specialist within the team, preparing and issuing financial accounts, management accounts and tax services. They provide an excellent, supportive working environment and a generous financial rewards package including a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including bonus, life and health cover and childcare vouchers to mention just a few.
If you want to develop a rewarding career at a company who appreciates and rewards your hard work then please get in touch to have an initial, confidential discussion.
- Prepare accounts and tax computations for an existing client portfolio of clients with turnovers up to c£10m
- Support the Client Manager in delivering the work required for this portfolio
- Provide a spectrum of UK taxation & accounting services to this portfolio
- Maintain and develop the current client relationships ensuring tax efficiency and delivering commercial insight
- Run client meetings - the role is actively encouraged to have regular contact with clients to help strengthen the relationship
- Be a technical contact for clients and team members, providing assistance on accounting and taxation queries
- Demonstrate excellence in current accounting standards, legislation, technical issues and related matters
- Continue your personal and professional development through education, training and experience
- To be involved in the marketing and promotion of the services of the firm across the Group with a focus on the SME marketplace, using existing and new marketing resources in order for the team to achieve a planned significant increase in business
- Train and develop staff on controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources
- Be knowledgeable and competent on year end, tax and management accounts software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as requested or required within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company.
- Be ACCA / ACA practice qualified or qualified by experience
- Have experience of working in a client and service orientated practice
- Be capable of assisting clients with technical matters
- Support less experienced team members.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- 25 days holiday
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16360