We are seeking an Assurance & Controls Manager on behalf of an established FTSE 250 engineering company based in Solihull.
This global, pioneering engineering business provides solutions for a wide range of worldwide clients. The business has firm ambitions of becoming a genuine leader in energy efficiency, with many of the products specifically engineered to improve the long-term benefits for the environment.
This evolving company requires an Assurance & Controls Manager to take responsibility for leading the planning, execution and follow-up of Internal Audits, both Financial and Operational. This opportunity will be vital in identifying opportunities for improvements and striving for efficiencies, contributing to best working practices as well as building smarter ways of working.
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this hands-on role is crucial in streamlining processes to focus on added value, identifying risks and designing, developing and implementing new and innovative techniques within the internal controls framework.
This would be a great opportunity for a technically strong candidate with sound working application of IFRS, that is a qualified accountant either from industry or a first-time mover from practice with experience in external or internal audit.
This opportunity provides the exciting prospect for the successful candidate to join a growing and aspiring business, with genuine future progression opportunities presenting themselves for a successfully flourishing candidate.
- Develop the Annual Audit Plan using a risk-based approach and be responsible for its delivery, tracking progress and ensuring accountability for controls.
- Drive improvements in the Internal Audit function, streamlining processes to focus on added value.
- Design, develop and implement new and innovative techniques to identify risks and process weaknesses.
- Increase the level of assurance obtained by leveraging data analytics.
- Lead and support internal audit visits at operating locations around the world, using judgement to define the scope and testing approach to ensure key risks are addressed.
- Test the effectiveness of financial, commercial and operational controls and compliance with internal policies.
- Develop and/or celebrate areas of good or best practice and proactively share these across the Division.
- The role requires occasional business travel, mainly to overseas locations (25%).
What we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant either from practice or industry, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of internal OR external audit
- Technically strong with sound understanding of IFRS, keeping up to date with adaptations in compliance standards
- Highly organised and able to develop strong business relationships
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke or Richard to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22994 - Assurance & Controls Manager