Experienced external auditors needed by leading accountancy practice to work on a portfolio of interesting and exciting clients in Northamptonshire.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They have multiple needs for experienced auditors based out of their Northampton office. To them audit is certainly not just a 'tick box' exercise and they pride themselves on the business relationships that they have with their clients. Working predominately with Owner Managers of these businesses, their auditors get to work with some really interesting and exciting clients in sectors such as Technology, Formula One and large Group companies.
As an Audit & AccountsExecutive you willbe responsible forleading audits (70%)and accounts preparation (30%) projects workingwith OMBclients with turnovers typically between £10m and £30m but that can be as high as £200million. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion. Key to the rolewill beyour ability tobuild strongclient relationships with a genuine 'added value' approach.
- Take ownership of audits from planning through to completion
- Lead, mentor, review and allocate work to junior staff
- Analytical review
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and produce a short summary on key client issues before passing to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA or ACCA qualified with significant experience as an Audit Senior / Audit Executive gained within an accountancy practice
- Finalist level candidates, with the appropriate level of practical experience, will also be considered - any incurred 'clawback' on study fees will be paid for by my client
- Previous experience leading external audits and preparing accounts
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Commercially aware and client focussed with the confidence to challenge clients
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package tailored to you
- International secondment opportunities (for example to North America, Australasia, Asia, Europe etc)
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Limited travel - vast majority of clients are based in Northamptonshire
- Time off in lieu but rarely needed
- Opportunity to work with some really interesting and rewarding clients that require a certain level of technical sophistication
- Personal career development plan including regular review and Mentor
- Long term career opportunities even to Partner if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16355