Audit & Accounts Manager required by established independent firm of accountants in Milton Keynes. Succession planning - they are looking for the Partners of the future!
Our client, an established independent firm of accountants, is recruiting an Audit & Accounts Manager to join their Milton Keynes office. This vacancy has arisen due to continued growth and the firm is also succession planning to identify the potential future Partners of the firm.
In support of the Partners and working alongside other Managers, as Audit & Accounts Manager you will maintain an existing portfolio of clients and supervise a small team. Clients are predominately limited companies across a variety of industry sectors including rural, agricultural, charity, property / real estate and group companies. The role will involve both external audit together with preparing accounts and tax computations. Clients are local to the Milton Keynes / Buckinghamshire area.
This appointment is a genuine opportunity for progression within the firm. You will be joining a reputable and team orientated business, currently experiencing a period of expansion. Consequently, you will be encouraged to develop and grow professional and within the organisation, potentially to Partner level if desired.
- Maintain a portfolio of clients
- Plan, implement and manage audits through to completion
- Preparation of accounts and tax computations
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff
- Maintain and develop existing client base
- Support Partners within the firm.
What we are looking for:
- Preferably ACA (ICAEW) or ACCA qualified but candidates deemed qualified by experience will also be considered
- General practice background
- Previous experience planning and implementing external audits to completion
- Strong systems skills ideally across a variety of accounting packages - previous knowledge of CCH is advantageous but by no means essential
- Good communicator with excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Previous business development experience is beneficial however, the enthusiasm to be involved in business development is just as important.
What's on offer:
- Genuine opportunity for progression within the firm
- Competitive salary
- Access to a support programme that incorporates coaching and mentoring
- Opportunity with a modern and progressive firm
- Full benefits including subsidised Milton Keynes parking pass!
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18565