Audit and Accounts Manager or Assistant Manager opportunity with established National accountancy firm in Milton Keynes - Great career progression opportunities on offer.
My client is seeking an experienced Audit and Accounts Manager or Assistant Manager for their Milton Keynes office. Their recent history includes winning national awards, an international re-brand and substantial growth both organically and through mergers and acquisitions.
In support of the Partners and working alongside other Managers, you will maintain an existing portfolio of clients and supervise a small team. Clients are predominately owner managed limited companies across a variety of industry sectors and will include sizeable group companies. The role will be split approximately 70-80% external audit, 20-30% accounts preparation. Clients are predominately local to the Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire area.
- Manage and deliver audit and accounts services to a portfolio of commercial clients
- All aspects of external audit from planning through to completion
- Preparation of accounts and tax computations
- Lead, mentor and supervise more junior staff including providing technical advice and support
- Contribute to the development and promotion of the audit group's strategy, in conjunction with the Partners
- Contribute to the technical development of the audit group, in consultation and cooperation with the Audit Partners and the UK firm's Technical department
- Actively contribute to the team's business development activities
- In liaison with the client Partner, identify, plan and perform other advisory work for clients.
- Qualified accountant ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
- Recent experience gained within an accountancy practice
- Previous experience planning and implementing external audits to completion
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Demonstrable up to date technical accounting knowledge
- Strong IT skills, previous experience with Excel, Xero, Sage, Caseware and/or Alphatax is beneficial
- Client focus with commercial awareness
- Supervisory, mentoring and leadership skills with a team focus
- Excellent communications skills at all business levels together with a calm, positive and upbeat attitude
- Ability and appetite for career progression and personal development.
What's on offer:
- Agile working focussed on a genuine work life balance
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Bonus and employee recognition awards
- Comprehensive Manager level benefits
- Further career development and progression opportunities.
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM (The Employment Agency Movement) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20769