Our client, a multiple award-winning accountancy practice, has multiple needs for a Audit & Accounts Semi Seniors in both their Northampton and Milton Keynes offices.
You will be responsible for job preparation and assisting Audit Seniors on audit assignments. You will also prepare accounts for a wide range of clients. Clients are predominately owner managed businesses in the local area across a range of sectors including Manufacturing, Engineering, Property, Construction, Motor, Legal and Not for Profits.
- Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with firm procedures
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision
- Prepare clear logical schedules, fully cross referenced to supporting documentation and other sections of the audit file, ensuring that all amounts agree to lead schedules and the accounts
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to more senior members of staff
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
- Complete sets of accounts working from source documents and records to final accounts for review
- Analyse and reconcile VAT returns
- Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare or check fixed asset registers including calculation or review of depreciation
- Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly for reporting and projection purposes
- Compute Corporation Tax using proprietary computer software.
- Currently studying towards a professional accountancy qualification - ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience gained within an accountancy practice of any size
- Demonstrable experience of external audit
- Proven experience completing statutory accounts to trial balance
- Demonstrable double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge - how to prepare corporation tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Systems experience - Sage, Excel, CaseWare all beneficial
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Commercially aware with a client focus
- Organised with a positive and committed approach.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary and study support
- 25 days holiday (rising to a maximum of 30) plus statutory holidays and option to buy or sell 5 days
- 1% pension match scheme rising to 7.5% match with service
- Life assurance - 4 x salary
- Group income protection
- Commission scheme for new client introductions
- Reward scheme for outstanding performance
- Excellent support and long term career opportunities.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of finance and accountancy professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16420