Multiple award-winning accountancy practice seek Audit & Accounts Semi Senior to join the audit department in their Leicester office.
Excellent opportunity for a part qualified ACA/ACCA or AAT qualified accountant to join an award winning national accountancy practice. In support of the audit seniors/executives/managers, you will be providing audit & accounts preparation services to a multitude of clients. Whilst assisting in the completion of the larger client audits (in excess of £100m in turnover), you will also grow to take ownership of the smaller audit and accounts preparation assignments.
The Audit team provides outstanding services such as advisory, audit and accounts to local clients across a range of sectors such as academies, manufacturing, retail and merchandising.
There are genuine opportunities for career advancement for individuals who wish to showcase their potential. The team will also be providing you with the foundations to develop and progress your career and expertise. You will also be given the opportunity of mentoring junior/trainee level staff.
- Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with firm procedures
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision
- Prepare clear logical schedules fully cross referenced to supporting documentation
- Supervise more junior members of staff as appropriate
- Occasionally act as senior on smaller audits, delegating to juniors and completing the whole file for review
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
- Manage own time and that of any junior staff
- Complete audit review forms on juniors.
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review
- Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly for reporting and projection purposes
- Analyse and reconcile VAT returns
- Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare HP and loan control accounts
- Prepare or check fixed asset registers including calculation or review of depreciation
- Corporation Tax computations using computer software
- Complete company secretarial work
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- AAT and/or part qualified ACA (ICAEW) or ACCA - full study support given
- Previous experience gained within an accountancy practice either within external audit and/or accounts preparation
- Double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge (corporation tax computations, PAYE, VAT etc)
- Systems knowledge of Sage, Excel, Word and/or CaseWare beneficial
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Confident and effective communication skills at all business levels
- An organised approach with the ability to deal with a variety of tasks and manage a varied workload
- Client focused and commercially aware.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary and full study support
- 25 days holiday (rising to a maximum of 30) plus statutory holidays and option to buy or sell 5 days
- 1% pension match scheme rising to 7.5% match with service
- Life assurance - 4 x salary
- Group income protection
- Commission scheme for new client introductions
- Reward scheme for outstanding performance
- Excellent support and long term career opportunities.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17502