Audit & Accounts Senior required by a reputable independent accountancy practice in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. You will be encouraged to develop and grow within the team, working for a range of different clients. All levels of external audit experience will be considered.
My client is a long established independent firm of chartered accountants based in central Milton Keynes. They deal with a multitude of different sized clients from sole traders to large UK subsidiaries. Their services include audit & accounts, taxation & planning, payroll & employee taxes and corporate finance. The firm operates within a number of specialist sectors including charities, legal, medical and clients who are UK subsidiaries of overseas groups. Audits will involve companies with turnovers ranging from £2M to £90M.
They are seeking an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior. In support of the Managers and Partners, the role of an audit senior within this firm is very engaging with a high level of visibility, input and responsibility. You will be the principle planner and site finisher on many engagements. Although external audit comprises the main responsibilities of the role, there will also be a good level of Accounts work for clients - approximate split is 60% audit / 40% accounts. With minimal travel, this is an exciting opportunity with a reputable and growing business.
- Plan, deliver and complete external audits plus supporting Managers and Partners on client engagements
- Accounts preparation (limited companies and sole traders/partnerships
- Agreed supervision of junior staff
- Assist department managers in certain aspects of their roles (including reviewing work, technical matters etc.)
- Utilise the firm's computer software systems on a daily basis
- Comply with the Firm's systems and promote it's goals
- Participate in other aspects of the firm's business, as required.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA preferred but not essential - candidates who are qualified simply by their level of audit experience will also be considered
- Varied and lengthy audit experience
- Experience of fronting a wide range of audits
- Previous audit and accounts preparation experience
- Previous experience in staff supervision and mentoring development
- Strong IT skills - any experience of CCH or SAPA is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all business levels
- Desire to progress your career and professional development.
What's on offer;
- Career growth and development is encouraged as they are looking for the Managers and Partners of the future from within the firm
- Limited travel as clients are predominantly in the Milton Keynes area.
- Competitive salary up to £38,000 (negotiable), higher if at Supervisor or Assistant Manager level.
Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18528