Multiple external auditors needed by leading accountancy practice to work on a portfolio of interesting and exciting clients in Milton Keynes. You will be encouraged to develop and grow within the firm, working for a range of different clients.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They have multiple vacancies for experienced auditors at the Audit & Accounts Senior level. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining a sizeable 100+ person operation. Teams are friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career and they are seeking auditors with drive and ambition.
To them audit is certainly not just a 'tick box' exercise and they pride themselves on the business relationships that they have with their clients. Working predominately with Owner Managers of these businesses, their auditors get to work with some really interesting and exciting clients within industry sectors including Charities, Solicitors, Manufacturing, Engineering, Property & Construction, Automotive, Not for Profit and large Group companies with revenues in the hundreds of millions.
As an Audit & Accounts Senior, you will provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to your clients. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion and key to the role will be your ability to build strong client relationships with a genuine 'added value' approach. You will display a flexible and professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with clients. You will have a broad scope in your role to give you maximum experience and exposure. Although external audit is the main responsibility of the role, there will also be a good level of accounts work for clients - approximate split is 70% audit / 30% accounts.
With minimal travel and a genuine emphasis and culture of work/life balance, this is an exciting opportunity with a high level of visibility within a reputable and growing business.
- Plan, deliver and complete external audits plus support Managers and Partners on client engagements
- Commentary and preparation of accounts / financial statements
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Lead, mentor, review, plan & allocate work to junior members of the team
- Ah hoc projects.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA / ICAEW, ACCA qualified or close to being fully qualified, with accountancy practice experience
- Demonstrable experience leading external audits from planning to completion
- Previous experience preparing accounts preferred
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, CaseWare, Sage, Xero, audit and tax software all beneficial
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Previous experience in staff supervision, mentoring and development
- Up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Commercially aware with strong problem-solving skills
- Team building skills with a positive approach
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer:
- Agile working with a genuine work life balance focus
- Competitive base salary up to £40,000 plus benefits
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Flexible benefits package tailored to you
- International secondment opportunities (for example to North America, Australasia, Asia, Europe etc)
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Limited travel - vast majority of clients are based locally in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding area
- Time off in lieu (but rarely needed)
- Opportunity to work with some really interesting and rewarding clients that require a certain level of technical sophistication
- Personal career development plan including regular review and Mentor
- Long term career opportunities, even to Partner, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20770