Growing accountancy firm in Stratford-upon-Avon seek Audit and Accounts Senior for their predominately Warwickshire / West Midlands based clients. Very competitive salary, hybrid working from home, parking and further career progression all provided.
My client is an expanding accountancy firm with offices across the Midlands. They seek an experienced Audit and Accounts Senior to join their Stratford team.
As Audit and Accounts Senior, you will support the Audit Manager and Partners with audit assignments both in the office and onsite at clients. In addition, you will prepare year end accounts to final stages for clients, including corporation tax forms, and ensure their timely submission.
The vast majority of clients are based in the Warwickshire / West Midlands region and span a multitude of industry sectors including manufacturing, technology, high-end hotels, retail businesses, solicitors and charities.
For an ambitious candidate there is potential scope for progression upwards within the business especially as audit is an area they are actively looking to grow.
We are keen to hear from candidates from an accountancy practice of any size that's involved in audit work. You may be an Audit Senior seeking a broader role or at the Semi Senior level seeking the next step in your career.
- Assist the Audit Manager with the planning and completion of audits, ensuring audit risks are identified, audit work is complete and all enquiries have been resolved
- Carry out onsite client visits to fulfil requirements of audit role, including stock takes and review of client control systems
- Assist the Audit Manager with work relating to Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) and Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS)
Year End Accounts
- Processing both complex group and small limited company accounts to final accounts stage, linking to tax returns as appropriate
- Contacting clients for their information and processing the information to Trial Balance stage
- Ensure client deadlines are met
- Corporate Tax Returns - Compute, complete and submit corporation tax returns, including discussions with client advising of liability payment
- P11d's - Preparation and submission of client P11d returns
- Manage and develop strong, long-term client relationships.
- ACCA, ACA / ICAEW finalist or qualified accountant preferred
- Previous Audit experience gained within an accountancy firm / practice
- Technical up-to-date audit, accounting and corporation tax knowledge
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills, attention to detail and communication skills at all business levels
- Familiarisation with accounting software packages (eg IRIS, Sage, Xero TaxCalc, Digita) and Excel.
What's on offer:
- Base salary up to £40,000
- Flexible working / hybrid working model including working from home
- Lovely offices in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon town centre with Parking provided
- Flexible working arrangements - this is a Full time position (37.5 hours per week) however, audit candidates seeking a part time / reduced schedule opportunity will also be considered
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension and 4 x salary death-in-service cover provided
- Scope for progression upwards within the business.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21853 - Audit and Accounts Senior